I’m just going to quickly preface this by saying that these are not in order from my most to least favorite. I don’t think it really matters anyway. I just wanted to say that. LOL okay… I sincerely hope you enjoy.
- “Grow through what you go through” — I really, really love this quote (obviously, it made it on the list) I don’t know who said this, however, but I came across it on Pinterest and I have remembered it since. It’s pretty self explanatory and I just think its a good and easy thing to keep in mind through life.
- “I’m going to make everything around me beautiful – that will be my life.” – Elsie de Wolfe — This is so, so important to me. I truly believe that your quality of life depends on your outlook on your life you have and not on the conditions you are living in. To be happy and to live a beautiful life, you must first train yourself to make the situations that you are in beautiful in some way. Look at your life through new eyes and see the beauty in every detail of this world. Your life will improve, I promise. I speak from experience.
- “A mother who radiates self-love and self-acceptance actually vaccinates her daughter against low self esteem.” – Naomi Wolf — I came across this one on Pinterest and I was so moved by it. I completely and wholeheartedly believe that this is true. I think that we often forget that children watch us so that they know how to act/things to say/etc. For example, I am always surprised when parents are somehow shocked that their toddler learned a cuss word. We cannot preach one thing but practice another. I believe that a mother who loves and accepts herself will no doubt have a daughter who also loves and accepts herself, by learning from her mother. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT!!!
- “If you see something beautiful in someone, speak it.” – Ruthie Lindsey — Because who doesn’t love hearing nice things about themselves? My love language is words of affirmation, so this one definitely is close to my heart. I feel love most deeply through kind words, and that is how I express love. Along with that, you never know what someone is going through. You complimenting their hair may be the only kind thing they hear today. Just go for it. I don’t know of any sane person who got mad about someone speaking kind words to them. Plus, if you have a hard time with making friends in a new setting, this is a great conversation starter!
- “If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” – Roald Dahl — Sometimes I think I don’t have a favorite quote but this is definitely it. Or at least top 3. Not only the message, but the way he words it, as well, makes this a beautiful quote. It’s self-explanatory so I won’t elaborate, but I love, love, love this.
“She was beautiful, but not like those girls in the magazines. She was beautiful, for the way she thought. She was beautiful, for the sparkle in her eyes when she talked about something she loved. She was beautiful, for her ability to make other people smile, even if she was sad. No, she wasn’t beautiful for something as temporary as her looks. She was beautiful, deep down to her soul. She is beautiful.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald — Again, self explanatory, but so incredibly beautiful. I pray that one day I am loved like this.
- “Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness.” – Kurt Vonnegut — Gorgeous. I think there is a mindset among people today that you must be hard and tough and that we have to build walls up around us to protect ourselves, but I could not disagree more. I think that we have to go through pain and sadness and remain vulnerable to truly experience life. If we continue to shield ourselves, we will never feel anything. I would rather feel pain ten times over than never know happiness for one second.
Thank you for spending a little bit of your day, or night, with me. xoxo